Tamil Nadu Rural Students Talent Search Examination (TRuST)
To identify the students of high scholastic achievement in middle school and give scholarship to them for higher studies.
The Examination is held in August last Sunday in every year (only objective type question).
- The Scholarship scheme for the Talented Rural Students shall be conducted for the students studying in the schools located in Rural Areas only. Schools in Rural Areas would mean all the Government Recognised schools other than the schools located in Municipal Corporation and Municipalities (Except Chennai and Pondicherry).
- The Students who are currently studying in IX std in recognized schools and Secured 50% of marks in VIII std. annual examination
- Parental annual Income does not exceed Rs. 12,000/- are eligible to apply for the above examination.
The examination fee is only Rs. 7/- (by paying cash only) fees will be revised from time as per Government order.
Submission of application
- The blank application form can be had from the Chief Educational officer’s. The Head of Institution will collect the form and issue the same to eligible willing Candidates.
- The filled in application with income certificate from Tashildar should be counter signed by the respective Headmasters / Headmistress and send to the Chief Educational officers.
- This Office does not receive the application form directly but only Nominal Roll received from C.E.O’s Offices.
Distribution of Hall tickets
Hall tickets are distributed from all CEO’s office to all the centres.
Release of Results and Distribution of Certificates
The results of the above examination is computerized and on the basis of the highest marks. A merit list of 50 boys and 50 girls from each Revenue District is prepared and the same is sent to the Director of School Education, Chennai –6 since he is the implementing the Scheme for awarding the Scholarship amount. The selected students under the scheme if detained or discontinued his / her studies will not eligible for Scholarship amount.